If you don't take care of YOU, who will? In this day and age, we are on the go. Our days are filled with being caregivers, employees, transporters, assistants, leaders, and everything in between. We see to it that everyone is taken care of. But when was the last time you sat still and breathed? Try it now....BREATHE!
1. Lie on your back with your knees bent and a pillow under your head.
2. Place a pillow under your knees to support your legs.
3. Put one hand on your upper chest and the other below your rib cage so you can feel the movement of your diaphragm.
4. Inhale slowly through your nose, feeling your stomach expand to press into your hand.
5. Keep the hand on your chest as still as possible.
6. Engage your stomach muscles and draw them toward your spine as you exhale using pursed lips.
7. Again, keep the hand on your upper chest as still as possible.
8. Continue breathing like this for the duration of your exercise session.
The best thing you can do is breathe. Take a moment and relax. The busyness of the day, the carpool lines, commute to work, answering phones, solving problems will always be there. But what good are you if you don't take a moment to breathe!